Periscope is a popular live video streaming app on Android and iOS platforms. You can use the app to broadcast your videos and share and receive comments from your friends.
Now you can download Periscope on your PC, too, and enjoy all of its amazing features on a bigger screen.
In this article, you will get to know all the brilliant features of Periscope and learn how to get it on your PC following some simple methods.
Periscope’s Amazing Set of Features
Periscope became popular mainly due to its amazing set of features that make it one of the most user-friendly live video streaming applications. Using Periscope, you can easily share your live video in real time. Apart from this, the key features of the Periscope application are:
- You can broadcast your live video and interact with other users through hearts and comments
- You can discover popular live video streams from all over the world
- You can search for broadcasts by location or topic
- If you miss a live video stream that you wished to see, you can watch the best parts of that live video with the Replay Highlights feature
- Instantly share your live video stream on Twitter and other social media platforms
- You can even broadcast privately to specific followers and friends
Download Periscope for PC – Simple Ways Using An Emulator
Like many other popular applications on mobile platforms, Periscope was not intended for computers.
Therefore, in order to successfully download and install Periscope for Windows 10, using emulator software on your PC is an absolute necessity.
You can download any one of the various available emulators from the Internet. Since every emulator has its own working methods, installing Periscope for PC can be done in multiple ways.
(1) Download Periscope for PC using Bluestacks
Bluestacks is considered the best Android emulator in the world. To download Periscope for Windows 10 using Bluestacks, you first need to download the Bluestacks emulator on your computer. You can download Bluestacks from the link given below.
Easily download Periscope and install it on your computer using the following steps:
- Download the Bluestacks software from the given link
- Once the file is downloaded, run the .exe file
- An installation window will open; click on Install to start installing Bluestacks on your computer
- After the installation is completed, launch Bluestacks on your computer
- You will be asked to sign in using your Google account; enter your details to sign in
- Once logged in, look for the search bar and search for Periscope
- Choose the appropriate application to be installed and click Install
- Once Periscope is installed on your computer, it is ready to use
(2) Download Periscope on a computer using Arc Welder App
Unlike Bluestacks, which is an emulator, Arc Welder App is unique software that actually works as an extension in your browser. You can use this extension to download and run standard Android applications directly on your computer.
Arc Welder is versatile software that is completely free to download and use. You can download Arc Welder App from the Internet or from the link below.
Follow the steps below to easily download and run Periscope on your computer:
- Open Google Chrome browser from your computer
- Download the Arc Welder App from the link given above
- Before downloading, a message will pop up on your computer screen; click “Add to Chrome” and then click “Add” in the next Google Chrome prompt
- Wait for the application to download
- Once the application is downloaded, it will be automatically installed
- You can launch the Arc Welder App from the Chrome Launcher itself
- After launching the application, look for the search menu and search for Periscope
- Select the appropriate application and click Install
- Once the application is installed, it is ready for PC use
Why Use Periscope for PC?
Due to its immense popularity and the integration with Twitter, Periscope emerged as one of the most popular live video streaming apps.
With Periscope on your computer, you can enjoy many benefits that you might not experience when using it on a mobile platform.
You can experience video broadcast on a large screen with Periscope for PC. Even your own broadcasts and live videos will be visible through a large screen on your desktop.
Moreover, using Periscope on your computer can allow you to multitask, which might not be possible on all mobile devices.
Using Periscope on your computer can also allow you to browse through other features of the application while continuing your own broadcast.
Periscope for PC is an extremely friendly solution for users who continuously use Periscope for connecting with their friends, for business purposes, or who are just trying to increase their number of followers.
Periscope — Overview
Periscope is a popular live video streaming application integrated with Twitter. It has many special features that separate it from other video streaming apps, like private broadcasting and replaying highlights.
When compared to other live streaming applications, Periscope wins with quality and speed. Of course, there are other live streaming options available on social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook, but Periscope stands out with its unique features:
- If you are on Twitter, then every time you go live on Periscope you can send out a tweet to let your Twitter followers know that you are streaming live
- In comparison with Facebook, Periscope is more focused toward increasing your number of followers
- Facebook Live is an integrated option for social media, while Periscope has a whole application for live streaming, making it easy to go online with your streams
- Although Facebook and Instagram have filters and animations to make live streaming more interesting, Periscope is quick and easy to broadcast with minimal glitches
- You can also go live on popular websites like YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook, but Periscope stands out with its own set of unique features, as it is mainly centred around live streaming (other platforms focus on other aspects besides just live streaming)
Periscope is mainly a mobile-based application, initially developed to support Android and iOS platforms. You can do a lot more with your live video stream using Periscope.
It allows you to easily broadcast your live video and interact with other users through hearts and comments.
It also features a discover option that allows you to find popular live video streams from all over the world. You can also search your favorite live streams specific to a topic or location.
Now, thanks to third-party software like Android emulators, you can easily download and run Periscope on your computer.
Using Periscope on a computer can give you a lot of benefits with multi-tasking options and easy controls. Also, live streaming is always better on bigger screens.